Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Wonderful Wednesday (mostly)

Thank you all for your kind words about the new job and such. It was great to come home and find something other than spam in my inbox.

Day one of the new job went quite well. Everything seemed to go smoothly and it felt good to not be in a room full of kids with immature attitudes. I didn't feel all alone either as there was a friendly face in a new girl I met last week. So at least I had someone to chat with while we waited for our day to begin. Nothing extraordinary about the day; just lots of paperwork and some very basic training. Maybe tomorrow we'll start some individual training specific to each job description. Not really hard work, but instead lots of common sense stuff. I had to laugh at how elementary some of it was. Thursday and Friday promise to be much busier and less boring, so I can't stay up too late.

On a totally unrelated note: I had a very weird "visitor" this evening. Supposedly a new neighbor from around the corner, asking me all kinds of questions about my life, my house, my comings and goings. She began to make me feel very uncomfortable as I began to question what her motive might be. I hate feeling so insecure in my own home, but sometimes you've just gotta trust your gut. So I asked a friend (along with the firemen across the street) to keep an extra watch on the place while we're gone. Hopefully by next week, we'll have a more stable schedule where one of us will almost always be home.

In the meantime, I've got the critters to scare people away.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Those 2 look like they'd lick you to death LOL!

Wed Nov 09, 10:08:00 PM PST  
Blogger Dale said...

Hi Zette. Here's hoping things work out for you in your new job. Strange caller, indeed! It would have put me on guard too.

Thu Nov 10, 09:25:00 AM PST  
Blogger Webmiztris said...

wow, your neighbor lady sounds like a fruitcake. Keep those doors and windows locked because your doggies don't look to vicious... ;) They're very cute though!

Fri Nov 11, 07:48:00 AM PST  
Blogger Michelle said...

Your dogs are adorable!

Fri Nov 11, 04:44:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!