Just Ducky
I never owned a rubber ducky.... at least not one that I can remember.
Yeah, I thought they were cute, but most of my early rubber duck memories came by way of Sesame Street and Ernie singing in the tub. ("Rubber Duckie, You're The one." Sesame Street and I were both born in the same year.)
Then there was the 70's movie "Convoy" where the main character was "Rubber Duck." ("PigPen, this here's the Rubber Duck. Looks like we got ourselves a CONVOY!")
In the 80's we had "Pretty In Pink" with Jon Cryer playing "Duckie." (I secretly had a big crush on him after high school. shhhhh.)
But last week I found a rubber ducky bath rug and fell in love with it so Glenn let me get it.

Since then I have added a new shower curtain,

hooks

and bath towels.

Now I'm looking for the perfect rubber ducky trash can and sink accesories. And anything else that I think is cute.
Maybe I just needed the change away from flowers.
Maybe it's the kid in me trying to emerge.
Maybe I'm just a dork. But I suddenly have this obsession with rubber ducks!
Whatever the case may be, I want this one next.
Yeah, I thought they were cute, but most of my early rubber duck memories came by way of Sesame Street and Ernie singing in the tub. ("Rubber Duckie, You're The one." Sesame Street and I were both born in the same year.)
Then there was the 70's movie "Convoy" where the main character was "Rubber Duck." ("PigPen, this here's the Rubber Duck. Looks like we got ourselves a CONVOY!")
In the 80's we had "Pretty In Pink" with Jon Cryer playing "Duckie." (I secretly had a big crush on him after high school. shhhhh.)
But last week I found a rubber ducky bath rug and fell in love with it so Glenn let me get it.
Since then I have added a new shower curtain,
hooks
and bath towels.
Now I'm looking for the perfect rubber ducky trash can and sink accesories. And anything else that I think is cute.
Maybe I just needed the change away from flowers.
Maybe it's the kid in me trying to emerge.
Maybe I'm just a dork. But I suddenly have this obsession with rubber ducks!
Whatever the case may be, I want this one next.
5 Comments:
Hi Zette! It's me. Just dropped in to see what the duck you were up to. Love the ducking shower curtain. It's ducking fabulous!
Well, "Duck ME".....just wonderful!
love the rubber ducky vibrator! it looks so innocent too! you could even leave it out when company comes over and no one would be the wiser. :)
I love the rubber ducky bathroom theme is cute!
Dawn
webmiztris.diaryland.com
i was gonna hide an 'awwww' and just rib ya gently bout yer new obbsession...
till i got to the very end and started quackin up. i want one too
HHHm......See my blog, August archive Date The 12th...
http://tiggerstwins.blogspot.com/2004_08_01_tiggerstwins_archive.html
Post a Comment
<< Home