FINALLY, It's Two Down......More To Go
Lil' Miss has FINALLY lost her SECOND tooth!
My gawd that tooth took it's sweet time to come out. It's been 5 1/2 months since she lost her first tooth and I thought for sure she'd lose at least 3 more before Halloween. But, NO! Those strong little guys stuck around thru ALL the holidays AND Valentine's Day! Sheesh!
Her top two front teeth are still hanging in there, although they, too, have been wiggly since September. Who knows when they'll decide to let go.
The odd thing here (to me, anyhow) is that while both of her bottom front teeth had been loose for quite some time, it wasn't until her adult teeth broke thru the gums behind the baby teeth, that they finally came out. Is this normal? I'm thinking she's gonna have braces for sure, because the new teeth seem to now be crooked. I'm hoping they straighten out a bit with time.
And for the record, this tooth pulling episode wasn't much easier, as big crocodile tears were shed and Lil' Miss begged us to wait until the morning, even though it was clearly time to come out. I finally got the string around the tooth and pulled hard while she was distracted by dad threatening to use the pliers. She didn't feel a thing and was laughing until she saw the blood pooled in her mouth when she went to check it out. She screamed in terror and began to panic, much to the untimely humor of her dear old daddy. I had to send him away so she would stop crying. (He's won himself another entry into DAD OF THE YEAR awards!) She didn't like the salt water, but when the bleeding stopped, she was happy again and glad it was over.
And so was I, 'cuz she's such a wuss! (Yep, throw another entry in there for me, too, but I speak only the truth people.)
My gawd that tooth took it's sweet time to come out. It's been 5 1/2 months since she lost her first tooth and I thought for sure she'd lose at least 3 more before Halloween. But, NO! Those strong little guys stuck around thru ALL the holidays AND Valentine's Day! Sheesh!
Her top two front teeth are still hanging in there, although they, too, have been wiggly since September. Who knows when they'll decide to let go.
The odd thing here (to me, anyhow) is that while both of her bottom front teeth had been loose for quite some time, it wasn't until her adult teeth broke thru the gums behind the baby teeth, that they finally came out. Is this normal? I'm thinking she's gonna have braces for sure, because the new teeth seem to now be crooked. I'm hoping they straighten out a bit with time.
And for the record, this tooth pulling episode wasn't much easier, as big crocodile tears were shed and Lil' Miss begged us to wait until the morning, even though it was clearly time to come out. I finally got the string around the tooth and pulled hard while she was distracted by dad threatening to use the pliers. She didn't feel a thing and was laughing until she saw the blood pooled in her mouth when she went to check it out. She screamed in terror and began to panic, much to the untimely humor of her dear old daddy. I had to send him away so she would stop crying. (He's won himself another entry into DAD OF THE YEAR awards!) She didn't like the salt water, but when the bleeding stopped, she was happy again and glad it was over.
And so was I, 'cuz she's such a wuss! (Yep, throw another entry in there for me, too, but I speak only the truth people.)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home