Heartache Update
I received a phone call about an hour ago from my boys' stepmom. I was at Lil' Miss' school delivering lunch to her so I didn't to get to actually talk to their stepmom. So I listened to the voicemail, hoping they would be here tonight, rather than tomorrow night, which was a definate possibility. I was not prepared to hear this:
"Hi, Suzette. It's Wanda. I was just calling to let you know that we won't be coming there this week, because we just found out that it's only a preliminary hearing and not the trial and we won't even be able to get in for that......"
After that I stopped hearing what she had said and was just numb. I don't know what to say or what to do. It's not like this was malicious or intentional, but it hurts like hell, just the same.
Lil' Miss.......
How am I going to explain this to her when I don't even know how to cope with the pain? I've got 3 1/2 hours before she comes home, expecting her brothers to soon arrive, and instead I'll have to tell her that they're not coming.
I think I'm going to go to bed and cry myself to sleep.
"Hi, Suzette. It's Wanda. I was just calling to let you know that we won't be coming there this week, because we just found out that it's only a preliminary hearing and not the trial and we won't even be able to get in for that......"
After that I stopped hearing what she had said and was just numb. I don't know what to say or what to do. It's not like this was malicious or intentional, but it hurts like hell, just the same.
Lil' Miss.......
How am I going to explain this to her when I don't even know how to cope with the pain? I've got 3 1/2 hours before she comes home, expecting her brothers to soon arrive, and instead I'll have to tell her that they're not coming.
I think I'm going to go to bed and cry myself to sleep.


4 Comments:
I'm so sorry, Zette.
Oh Zette. I'm sorry this happened. Li'l Miss will understand I hope. Did you call Wanda back to arrange another meeting?
Oh My God! I can feel your hurt from here. I'm so sad for your heartbreak and Li'l Miss's. I hope somehow you can get to fill those aching arms.
Sometimes people don't realize how much they hurt others. I'm here for you if you need a shoulder.
Wanda should have known that kids were not required for the prelim hearing...silly woman.
I'm sorry you had to endure that :(
Post a Comment
<< Home