Sunday, May 22, 2005

My Achy Breaky Heart

As I sit here trying to wind down from a very busy afternoon, I'm resisting the urge to beat the living snot out of one very cute little kitty who is currently tearing thru my bathroom and heading for my bedroom. Little turkey turd. Seriously, this guy is full of nothing but energy and the desire to conquer my house and belongings. I could devote an entire blog to what he does each day. Needless to say, Cameron keeps me on my toes. But in spite of his evil little ways, I love the booger and will try to stay positive that this is just an overactive kitten phase he's going thru.

But onto MUCH BIGGER NEWS:

I'm going to get to see my boys this week!!!

I'm so flipping excited, I don't know how I'm ever gonna fall asleep tonight. I'm thrilled! I'm nervous. I'm happy! I'm worried. And my arms ache to hold and hug them tight. I want everything to be perfect, but can only do so much to prepare for their arrival.

This will be the first time in almost 4 years that my sons have been to my house and only the second time I've seen them in that 3 years 7 months. And while I'm not sure if they will be allowed to stay overnight while in town, I am expecting to spend each day with them. ALONE and unsupervised! My heart is racing and I want to cry. But I can't; I've got too much to do yet.

Do they really trust me to be alone with them, or is this just more convienent for them while they are busy with "other" matters? Will I screw up and say or do something to set us back farther, or will they finally see that I'm not the monster they've made me out to be? I dunno, but right now, I'm just keeping my head up and my thoughts positive that this will be a great week!

I expect to have LOTS of pictures to share by next weekend. Wish me luck!

3 Comments:

Blogger BikerTigger said...

YEAH YOU!!!!!!

Enjoy your time with them and ignore if there are alternative motives. Just spend time with the boys

Sun May 22, 10:35:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yaaaaaaaaaay, can't wait to see the pics!

Sun May 22, 11:55:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Dale said...

Exciting, Zette. And scary. But so is riding a rollercoaster and we think of that as FUN. You'll be fine with the boys. Be yourself. You're their mama, right? That's gotta count for something.

Tue May 24, 08:39:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!