Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Something Different

Today is the First Day of the Last Month of this Year.

When this year started out, I was trying hard to get my wings fluttering with
FlyLady. Her motto for the year was "Less is More in 2004!" While I have stepped away from Dear Ms. FlyLady, I have not forgotten some of her valuable lessons.

One of the most important lessons for me deals with letting go of our perfectionism. Basically, even a less than perfectly done job, is still better than if you didn't ever start it. This goes against everything so many of us are taught growing up. While I think learning how to do something 100% correctly is important, and a goal to strive for, trying to be perfect often gets in the way of everything else. We miss the forest for the trees.

Anyhow...

The end of the year is upon us, as are the holidays. With all the chaos and stress this can bring, we tend to stop enjoying the season and some of us will fall deep into depressions that may take months to overcome.

In trying to "clean" out my numerous email boxes (Yep, still working at that monsterous task!) I'm noticing lots of jokes and silly stuff, that I've really wanted to pass along and share. But I know not everyone has the time, energy or desire to sort through all the crap I tend to send out.

So this is what I'm going to try to do instead:

Because I want to get rid of some of the excess stuff in my email accounts, but I also want to share some of what I find humorous with others, and I think this time of year we could all use an extra smile here and there....I'm going to try to post at least one joke or funny email to my blog everyday, for the rest of the month.

Whatcha think? Does this sound like something you might want to read?

I hope you enjoy some of what I post and if not, I hope you will not be offended.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

I'll be here, Zette. I'll read it. I love silly stuff! You must be feeling better, eh?

Thu Dec 02, 05:38:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!