Thursday, November 18, 2004

I Never Promised You a Rose Garden...

....but I did promise you a happier post, didn't I?
;)

So anyhow, about a month ago I told you I had a storm of ideas running through my head that I wanted to write about and turn into blog posts, but I couldn't seem to get any words to come out to expand upon. I didn't want to lose these ideas, so I began many draft posts here so that when I had the time or felt the urge, they would be close at hand. Yeah, and I have them all written down in one of my notebooks that I carry with me all the time...LOL!!!

Being the Queen of Procrastination though, I've done nothing with any of these ideas other than look at them. Until now. I'm feeling the urge to write. To work on getting past this low I've fallen into this past week. And the only words I can think to write are far from happy. So maybe it's time to do a reality check and remember some things that don't make me feel so crappy.

Things that make me feel Happy!

* Hugs, especially from people I love, but hugs just feel good
* Kisses: soft warm kisses laid gently upon the nape of my neck; wet sloppy kisses planted on my cheek & kisses blown across a room from my kids; hot passionate kisses that meld us into one
* Smiles: BIG bright welcoming smiles given freely and without expectation
* Babies laughing: pure, unadulterated innocence at it's finest
* Fresh Cut Grass: this is especially true at Spring's beginning or near a baseball field
* The sound of rain upon my window
* The smell of fresh brewed coffee, not too strong
* Vanilla candles burning gently
* Birds chirping gleefully
* Cats purring and kneading (as long as the claws don't get too close)
* Warm towels from the dryer after a nice long shower
* Talking to my boys on the phone
* Seeing my boys in person
* Enjoying a newly developed roll of film with pictures you've forgotten about
* Finding money in a jacket or purse you haven't used in a long time
* New toothbrushes
* Cold brisk air while driving down the freeway in an overly warmed car
* Dark rich chocolate that melts in your mouth
* Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings
* Finishing "that" book you haven't had time to read
* Getting mail: email and snail mail
* Being able to buy that something special you've had your eye one, that just went on sale
* Talking to friends online
* Visiting with friends at home
* Seeing the underdogs win
* Orgasms: mine, his, and hers
* Seeing Tigers
* Winning a little something at Bingo or from the Lottery
* Watching the kids discover something new, that we take for granted
* Getting paid
* Clean windows and glasses to see clearly thru
* Knowing and feeling I am loved
* Watching the kids open gifts
* Being able to watch my favorite show without interruptions
* Paying off a lingering debt
* Doing a job well done
* Thinking about MOM
* Body surfing at sunset
* Sand in between my toes
* Listening to the ocean waves crash against the shoreline
* Picnics in the park
* Rollercoaster rides, especially when the lines are short
* Splashing in mud puddles
* Massages: especially "butt" massages when my back and hips hurt
* Shooting stars
* Watching planes take off and land
* Long hot bubble baths by candlelight
* Warm sunshine on my face on a cool wintery day
* Crawling into bed after washing the sheets and blankets
* Breakfast in bed
* Fragrant Star-Jasmine outside my open window
* Learning something new
* Holding hands in public
* Finding a "George"
* Getting a Freebie in the mail, I had forgotten I requested
* Silky soft legs after shaving
* Flowers received unexpectedly
* Listening to a new CD all the way thru
* Freshly painted walls
* Hearing an old favorite song on the radio
* Getting a new haircut
* Playing with other people's hair
* LOVE

Surely, I've forgotten plenty of things, but that's ok; I feel much
better already.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jan myrz said...

This one is sooooo coool! My sis Jill and I send this kinda stuff back and forth sometimes just to lift each other's spirit. You did that for me on this one.
Thanks.

Thu Nov 18, 10:38:00 AM PST  
Blogger Dale said...

Oh Zette! You are a mostamazing woman. I hope you know that. In an effort to lift your spirits, you've lifted mine as well. Ripples. I'd like to link to this post on my blog tomorrow. (I've got a play to perform tonight.)

"Granpa says when you come across somethin' good, the best thing to do is tell folks about it. That way, the good spreads out. No tellin' how far it'll go."

The Education of Little Tree
by Forrest Carter.

Thu Nov 18, 02:39:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!