Day Dreams
My ride to work today was different.
Instead of feeling rushed, tired, stressed or worried, I felt absolutely EUPHORIC.
It was awesome.
I wanted to bottle up how I was feeling and save some for a later day.
I wished I could truly describe it.
And I wish I knew WHY I felt this way.
I hadn't got much sleep, and truthfully, when I woke up today the only thing that got me moving was the fact that I needed to stop by Blockbuster to return a movie because I REALLY didn't want to pay another late fee.
I didn't get laid last night.
I don't do drugs (unless you consider Diet Vanilla Coke a drug).
Hmmmmm....was my Diet Coke from McDonald's spiked with something?
Nah.
I couldn't have won the lottery, 'cuz I didn't play.
My ex-hubby didn't come to his senses and decide to give me custody of the boys.
I didn't wake up on a beach with the waves crashing soothingly just yards from me.
No one around here mowed their lawns this morning.
I missed my daughter's reaction to finding what the Tooth Fairy left under her pillow.
I didn't get to hear her laugh or receive hugs and kisses this morning.
There were no puppies or kittens playing around me.
No Star-Jasmine bushes blooming outside my window.
So what was it that made me feel so airy, peaceful and carefree?
And how the hell did I make it to work without getting into an accident?
I dunno. That's the gazillion dollar question.
Instead of feeling rushed, tired, stressed or worried, I felt absolutely EUPHORIC.
It was awesome.
I wanted to bottle up how I was feeling and save some for a later day.
I wished I could truly describe it.
And I wish I knew WHY I felt this way.
I hadn't got much sleep, and truthfully, when I woke up today the only thing that got me moving was the fact that I needed to stop by Blockbuster to return a movie because I REALLY didn't want to pay another late fee.
I didn't get laid last night.
I don't do drugs (unless you consider Diet Vanilla Coke a drug).
Hmmmmm....was my Diet Coke from McDonald's spiked with something?
Nah.
I couldn't have won the lottery, 'cuz I didn't play.
My ex-hubby didn't come to his senses and decide to give me custody of the boys.
I didn't wake up on a beach with the waves crashing soothingly just yards from me.
No one around here mowed their lawns this morning.
I missed my daughter's reaction to finding what the Tooth Fairy left under her pillow.
I didn't get to hear her laugh or receive hugs and kisses this morning.
There were no puppies or kittens playing around me.
No Star-Jasmine bushes blooming outside my window.
So what was it that made me feel so airy, peaceful and carefree?
And how the hell did I make it to work without getting into an accident?
I dunno. That's the gazillion dollar question.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home