Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Free to be Me

It's amazing the crap your mind comes up with when you're tired. Or maybe, it's just weird, scary and obscure.

Today, I'm sitting here zoning out, when I notice the tag on my sport bra.

95% cotton, 5% lycra/spandex.

And I think, what is lycra/spandex? And how did it get mixed up with a good ole boy like cotton? How do they combine the two? And are they sure it's exactly 95/5? What if the spandex snuck in a little extra of itself and is really 10%? Is it mixed up really well or is the part that covers my tits more cotton, while the spandex is digging into my shoulder blades?

Which led to this odd bit of mental activity:
Who wears a sports bra? Do you have to be playing sports to wear one or is this a fashion faux pas? And does it matter what your age is, or size might be? Should some people JUST NOT wear sports bras, like some people should stay away from thongs?

I'll be the first to admit...I'm not a young girl and after 3 kids, I don't exactly have itty bitty tittys, but it's comfortable; most of the time. It keeps me from flopping around like an overturned Jell-O mold on a plate that is being held sideways. And while I don't like wearing bras most of the time, this is a compromise for those who might be offended or bothered with my bra-less attitude.

Hmmmm....I dunno. I like my sports bra, and like the way my thongs make me feel. But rest assured...I won't be flashing either out in public.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

adopt your own virtual pet!